Job Title: Ambassador Enterprises University – Event and Program Manager
Reports to: Program Director
Hours: Full time (office hours: 8am – 5pm, Monday – Friday)
Position Purpose: The Event and Program Manager is responsible for organizing outreach events and maintaining communication with the necessary network for Ambassador Enterprises University (AEU). The manager will serve as project manager for programs and events, working directly with the respective program directors to execute program strategy and vision. The person who will excel in this role will be a people-loving, relationship builder who is a highly motivated self-starter committed to getting a lot done and thinking entrepreneurially in the process.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Coordinate: Manage | Arrange
- Create effective, engaging, and experiential products, programs, and services for AEU clients.
- Collaborate in marketing strategies to promote AEU initiatives.
- Prepare and enhance presentation materials for products and programs.
- Serve as primary point of contact for communication and coordination between AEU and training/accelerator participants, volunteers, and contributors.
- Coordinate and reserve appropriate food vendors, volunteer supplies, music, post-event activities, and assist in vetting event speakers.
- Arrange and coordinate VIP guest’s travel and accommodations for annual marquee events such as demo days and conferences.
- Manage and execute operational logistics such as securing venues, sourcing catering and supplies, managing audio/video needs, etc. for various monthly/quarterly community events around the Northeast Indiana region.
- Design and execute effective event timelines that keep the broader team on task and on schedule.
- Design and coordinate high-level event and program strategies.
- Coordinate, organize, and track attendee registration and attendance.
Communicate: Maintain | Assist
- Gather and analyze market and customer insights relevant to AEU initiatives in professional development, education, training or other verticals as deemed important.
- Serve as the chief hospitality officer toward the entrepreneur community at events and in online communication; this includes being the face and voice of AEU’s entrepreneurial initiatives at all internal and external meetings and events, and ensuring that guests and volunteers receive excellent communication, feel welcomed, valued, and are well cared for.
- Manage communication and delegation of responsibilities to team members, site representatives, and volunteer team.
- Responsible for all email announcements, reminders, scheduling and calendar management for event and program attendees.
Improve: Refine | Implement
- Edit, update and refine events, product content, and presentations, as needed.
- Enhance relationships with influencers and participants in AEU products and programs.
- Provide recommendations to strengthen existing AEU strategies and programs.
- Track and regularly communicate key event metrics to necessary colleagues.
- Assist program directors and marketing managers on an as needed basis.
- Deliver and adhere to budget according to organizational guidelines and plan.
- Organize inventory and maintain presentation materials and supporting documents.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business-, communications-, or training-related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience or demonstrable skills in event planning and management.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; strong attention to details
- Proven success in building a personal and professional network.
- Creative thinking, research, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with multiple individuals and organizations
- Proven ability to participate in multiple projects simultaneously and complete work within deadlines
- Interest in working in a collaborative, practical, experiential, learning-oriented environment
- Interest in the entrepreneurial sector
- Demonstrated shared values with AE mission, values, philosophies, and corporate culture
Salary: Commensurate with experience