Job Title: Business Development Director
Reports to: SEM – SEM, Ambassador Enterprises University
Hours: Full-time, 8-5 Monday-Friday
Position Purpose: The Business Development Director is responsible for the growth and expansion of internal, affiliated, and external stakeholders of the products, services, and programs offered by AEU. The Business Development Director will create and implement an effective relationship building and management strategy for AEU. In addition, the Business Development Director will also be called upon for facilitation and other presentations, as needed.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Develop: Design | Support
- Working in collaboration with the leadership team of AEU, create a relationship building and management strategy to effectively expand and maintain AEU’s constituencies.
- Collaborate in marketing strategies to promote AEU initiatives.
- Design customized proposals for client engagement.
- Collaborate in the development, preparation, or enhancement to presentation materials for products and programs.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure AE, AE’s Affiliates, and external stakeholders’ professional development needs are being met.
- Support professional development initiatives that will create and execute new concepts, strategies, products and delivery models and channels that best serve AE, affiliates and selected partners.
- Design and manage an individual development plan (IDP) to assist in personal and professional growth.
Assess: Research | Analyze
- Participate in the research on market trends, conditions, and industry segments relevant to AEU and professional development initiatives.
- Assess, monitor, measure, and improve AEU activities and results of professional development efforts.
- Provide relevant observations and recommendations based on analysis and feedback.
- Oversee the gathering and analysis of market and customer insights relevant to AEU initiatives.
- Research and design effective marketing strategies and proposals for client engagement.
Improve: Refine | Implement
- Build, manage and coach a team responsible for executing with excellence.
- Work with the AEU leadership team to help implement the strategy for monetizing AEU’s programs, products, and services.
- Build and enhance relationships with key and targeted stakeholders for the delivery of AEU programs, products, and services.
- Support improvements to AEU initiatives and strategies with defined markets.
- Provide recommendations to strengthen existing AEU strategies and tactics.
- Deliver client engagement proposals with excellence.
- Participate in and lead (at times) facilitation and other clientele experiences.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, communications, or training-related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Leadership experience; Operations and managing a division/team with bottom-line responsibility preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Creative thinking, research, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with multiple individuals and organizations
- Proven ability to participate in multiple projects simultaneously
- Interest in working in a collaborative, practical, experiential, learning-oriented environment
- Interest in both for-profit and non-profit industry sectors
- Demonstrated shared values with AE mission, values, philosophies, and corporate culture