Job Title: Intern, Project Coordinator – Governance
Reports to: FP Services Manager
Hours: 2-year Internship; 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday
Position Purpose: To serve the For Profit team, by providing board governance advisory support, by providing competent, timely, accurate, and efficient support.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Cultivate: Develop | Assist
- Document governance processes as they are developed.
- Seek ways to improve processes, procedures, and/or documents.
- Work with others to identify, develop, and customize needed documents and tools.
- Identify and develop resources, templates, and manuals for various board tasks.
- Research and develop best practices of various board functions.
- Assist FP Services team with assignments as assigned.
Coordinate: Manage | Arrange
- Be willing to be assertive and manage up, when necessary.
- Facilitate communication and manage collection of meeting notes, idea-sharing, and best practices.
- Strive for excellence in management of projects, resources, and time.
- Facilitate, coordinate, monitor, and control projects to ensure on-time completion.
- Coordinate and execute board retreats and training sessions.
- Perform research and analysis.
- Reproduce documents – copying, scanning, and faxing.
Conduct: Perform | Maintain
- Apply and develop critical thinking skills.
- Exhibit desire to be coached and willingness to learn.
- Effectively communicate and work with affiliate and board leaders with executive-level professionalism.
- Be self-driven and self-directed, able and willing to work independently and collaboratively.
- Conduct timely written and verbal reporting and communication.
- Be flexible, willingly accepting the unexpected.
- Display high attention to detail in all tasks.
- Possess a general understanding of business.