Position Title: Human Resource Administrator
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Position: The Human Resource Administrator will perform administrative tasks and lead projects to support effective and efficient operations of the human resource department with focus areas on benefits, policies, and compliance.
The Human Resource Administrator must be a person of godly character—trustworthy with unimpeachable integrity, one who is driven yet with a humble attitude and a servant’s heart. We are looking for an experienced team player who is a strategic technical expert interested in transformational impact and providing value to whatever organization they are a part of.
The Human Resource Administrator must be both personable and personal, capable of building trusting relationships inside and outside the organization. They should have the highest level of professional expertise exercising wise judgment and promoting trust and respect throughout the organization.
Systems, processes, and structure are paramount not as a straitjacket but as a launching pad for effective and efficient operation. This person pays attention to the details and how they fit into the overall big picture or our enterprise.
In the words of our founder, “Business is about people, processes, and problem-solving. We look for leaders who are principle-based, purpose-driven, and people-centric strategic problem-solvers.”
Engage: Enterprise, Enterprise Affiliates, and External
- Develop trusted-partner relationships with AE team members, affiliate leaders, and external partners.
- Complete quality checks of benefits-related data.
- Coordinate and schedule periodic audits throughout the enterprise.
- Assist with benefit open enrollment.
- Answer frequently asked questions from AE team members and affiliates relative to policies, benefits, compliance, best practice, etc.
- Conduct new hire orientation and process for AE team members and applicable affiliates.
- Coordinate Relational Questionnaire public document updates and storage.
Facilitate: Educate, Empower and Execute
- Assist with payroll functions, including processing, answering questions, and fixing processing errors
- Assist with obtaining external statistics and trends information pertaining to annual renewals
- Plan and schedule employee informational meetings pertaining to benefits and benefit opportunities
- Ensure distribution of required employee notices enterprise-wide
- Process new enrollment and life status changes for applicable organization(s)
- Conduct background checks.
- File and process FMLA, Workers Comp, STD, LTD, etc., claims
- Maintain monthly attrition report
- Maintain and track accrual reports
- Assist with the administration of the Strategic Discovery Process, including but not limited to maintaining the SDP Manual, active folders, sending and converting assessments, and answering Hiring Sponsor process questions.
Grow: Experience, Education, and Expertise
- Stay up to date on legal aspects of corporate benefits and be a thought partner on these issues.
- Maintain and execute yearly schedule to provide employee education materials.
- Research and stay up to date on ways to increase efficiencies through automation.
- Gain experience, education, and certification in personality assessments.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or related field of study preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy
- Knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws
- At least three years of experience in human resource administration
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize, adapt and change required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now preferred
Christ-Centered – Lives in a way that consistently bears witness to Christ and the Kingdom of God
Servant-hearted – Works for the success of others, fulfilling spoken and unspoken wishes of those served
Humble – Embraces own insufficiency and demonstrates dependency upon God and others
Ethical – Has unwavering integrity with a commitment to authenticity, transparency, and truthfulness
Mature – Manages emotions, handling change, crises, and conflict in a calm, measured manner
Confident – Is secure with a nothing to prove, nothing to lose, and nothing to hide mindset.
Credible – Fosters trust, building strong one-on-one relationships and healthy community together
Personal – Compassionate and caring with a genuine concern for and desire to get to know others
Patient – Effectively deals with difficult people, complex projects, and deep-rooted problems
Gracious – Thrives working in multiple sectors, dealing with diverse people and differing opinions
Listener – Understands and comprehends, making strategic connections and having wise insights
Communicator – Builds an emotional connection, effectively communicating relevant content
Self-managed – Works independently, takes initiative, manages multiple projects, and prioritizes work
Adaptable – Deals well with competing demands, complex problems, and changing circumstances
Prudent – Uses critical thinking and good judgment in dealing with issues, giving wise, timely advice
Innovative – Meets challenges with creative resourcefulness, looking for new and better ways
Collaborative – Sets clear objectives, managing expectations while fostering a culture of participation
Facilitative – Resources and influences others in effectively and efficiently achieving defined objectives